[Insight-users] parameters for a 1+1 evolutionary optimizer

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jun 3 13:21:17 EDT 2004

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your clarifications.

With your current mechanism you are ok just initializing
the transforms to identity. By resampling the image at
each level you are actually accounting for the transform
parameters of the previous registration.

It seems that the problem may just be with the generation
of random samples when you get closer to the 32x64 images.
Note that this are quite small images...  You probably want
to reduce a lot the radius of the 1+1 optimizer in that case,
since you know that the translation shouldn't be too large
between two images of size 32x64.

A very interesting exercise would be to generate a plot
of the translation randomly generated by the 1+1 optimizer.
Something like the translation plots in the SoftwareGuide.
They will probably be very illuminating.

--

About the exception handling, you are ok by re-running the
registration. That is, you can take some corrective actions