[Insight-users] DeformableRegsitration1

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jun 3 03:09:11 EDT 2004

Hi Josiane,

When you change the type "fileImageType" in this example,
you are only changing the way the images are read, not
how the results are saved.

You don't really need to change the output type of the
RescaleIntensityFilter, but rather add a new Rescale
Intensity filter at the output of the registration
method.

A quick solution for you is to go to the file

   Insight/Code/Algorithms/itkFEMRegistrationFilter.txx

and modify the lines: 1659-1706 on the method
WriteWrappedImage.

There you could change the output image type of the
ShiftScaleImageFilter. (line 1684) and put an output
type "unsigned short". Note also that you may want
to change the values you want to get for the minimum
and maximum of the output image.

In practice,...
we need to refactor the FEMRegistration filter because
it is doing too much for a filter. ... it is almost
an applications.

Please let us know if you run into any problems,

    Thanks,