[Insight-users] Reading the Visible Human cryo data

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jun 3 02:52:42 EDT 2004

Hi Brian,

Visible Human (VH) cryo data is ordered in a different
format from what you need for an image of RGB.

The VH data slices are ordered as :;

    RRRRR....... GGGGGGGGGGG....... BBBBBBBBB.....

instead of

    RGBRGBRGB.....

You will find VH data converted to Image< RGB > friendly
format in our FTP directory. Please follow the link to
"Data" in http://www.itk.org

There is also a Python script around that we used for
converting the original format in to the RGBRGBRGB
format.

You don't want to use RAW for this.  It is much safer
to use MetaImage reader. You simply have to create
a MetaImage header for your raw files.  Again, you will
find instruction on how to create this header in the
"Data" page at www.itk.org.

---

Please let us know if you would like to get the Python
script for reordering the data.