[Insight-users] Registration Algo

V Narasinga Rao vaiju at cse.iitb.ac.in
Thu Jul 29 08:49:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have just written an algorithm which registers two images
(multi-modality) in Matlab and now i want to shift it to ITK, what is the
best way to do it. Also how to validate teh registration algorithm that i
ave written. It's absurd question, but since i am not from medical field
sp for me it's more important question.

I would like you all to just have a look at my algo
for each slice.

1. Step 1. Find the region, do it for both
images.
2. Step 2. Enclose the region with an rectangle, by little geometry the
scale and rotation parametr can be found out.
3. Step 3. Once you know the scaling and rotation factor apply this to the
second image.
4. Step 4. Now use curve fitting to fit the curve, thus allignment will
happen.
5. Step 5. One you have curve fitted now apply the original images on this
binary image and now calculate teh MI to find weather the images are
really registrable.

This entire process can take place for all the sslices in parallel way/

Currently it is implemented in matlab and has been giving output,
ofcourse no validation regarding the registration has been done.