[Insight-users] vxl_version.h

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 28 15:00:31 EDT 2004

Thomas Boettger wrote:
> I wanted to include the
>
>   vxl_version.h
>
> header file in my source to get access to the vnl version and found that
> my install version of ITK 1.6 does not contain this header file in its
> include directory. Is this an error in the install target?

Yes, this is a bug in the install target.  I have fixed it in the CVS
version of ITK and will move the fix to the 1.6 branch.  To apply the
fix yourself, look in

   Utilities/vxl/core/CMakeLists.txt

in the source tree and find the line

   INSTALL_FILES(${VXL_INSTALL_ROOT}/vcl ".h" vxl_config)

change it to

   INSTALL_FILES(${VXL_INSTALL_ROOT}/vcl ".h"
                 vxl_config vxl_copyright vxl_version)

Alternatively you can just use ITK directly from your build tree so that
the include file can be found from the source tree.

-Brad