[Insight-users] Intel 8.0 Compiler

Simon Warfield warfield at bwh.harvard.edu
Sun Jul 25 22:14:56 EDT 2004

Hans Johnson wrote:

>Simon,
>
>I think that I've just commited changes to the ITK cvs that allows vxl
>to compile under intel 8 compiler.  I can now build the ITK libraries
>with testing and example binaries without errors from the CVS release of
>ITK as of July 19, 10:14am CST.

Hi Hans,

  I did a CVS checkout today, and I am still having a problem with the file:
Insight/Utilities/vxl/core/vnl/Templates/vcl_algorithm+vnl_bignum-.cxx

  The VCL algorithm code for determining the compiler in
Insight/Utilities/vxl/vcl/vcl_compiler.h identifies
the Intel compiler as asserting it is GCC and pulls in the following
code with GNU_LIBSTDCXX_V3 defined:

#ifdef GNU_LIBSTDCXX_V3
# include <vcl_vector.h>
VCL_SORT_INSTANTIATE(vcl_vector<vnl_bignum>::iterator, vnl_bignum);
namespace std {
  template vnl_bignum* std::fill_n<vnl_bignum*, unsigned long,
vnl_bignum>(vnl_bignum*, unsigned long, vnl_bignum const&);
}
#endif

This code seems to have some problems (it shouldn't say std::fill_n
inside a namespace std,  apparently there is no matching function).

This compiles OK if I surround the lot with
#ifndef __INTEL_COMPILER
#endif
or set the compiler flag -no-gcc.