[Insight-users] Re: SV: A question about point cloud

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 22 13:22:11 EDT 2004

Hi Peter,

Projecting a pattern in the surface sounds
like a good idea. You may want to look at the
literature in Active Vision.

I don't quite see why you ask for a point cloud
if you already have a set of points.

Building a mesh, on the other hand, seems to be
a more reasonable target. You may want to look
at the qhull set of utilities on Linux

   http://www.usinglinux.org/math/qhull.html

they can be used for building a mesh out of the
set of points.