[Insight-users] 4-neighbors or 2-neighbors?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 22 10:05:26 EDT 2004

Hi Martino,

ITK doesn't have a global policy about the type
of neighbors to use. This is a decision that is
made differently in every algorithm.

ITK's infrastructure allows you to use different
types of neighborhood relationships. You will have
to check this policy for every algorithm that you
are interested in using.

For an answer to your technical question regarding
the implementation of the Fuzzy Connectedness algorithm
please look at the following email:

http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2004-July/009593.html