[Insight-users] having problems getting Segmentation Editor to work

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jul 21 00:21:46 EDT 2004

Hello Lindsey,

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 12:55:16PM -0600, Lindsey McAninch wrote:

> I realize this is probably a dumb question, but when I try
> to make the CMakeLists.txt under the
> InsightApplications/SegmentationEditor I get the following
> error and am not sure what to do to get rid of it.  Thanks
> in advance and sorry for the question.
>
> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
>  /home/sci/lindsey/itk2/InsightToolkit-1.4.0/Applications/SegmentationEditor/Co
>  mmon/CMakeLists.txt:19:
>  Unknown CMake command "VTK_WRAP_TCL2".
>
> I think that my TCL isn't working properly.  Thanks again!

The short answer is:

Some of the programs in InsightApplications have extra dependencies.  In
this case, you need to have VTK built with TCL bindings, and so you will
need to recompile at least VTK before you can build SegmentationEditor
(among others).

You seem to be using version 1.4 of ITK, which is now quite old.  The
current stable release is 1.6, and 1.8 is about to be released quite soon.
It would be a good idea to upgrade to at least the official 1.6 release:

  http://www.itk.org/files/v1.6/InsightToolkit-1.6.0.tar.gz
  http://www.itk.org/files/v1.6/InsightApplications-1.6.0.tar.gz

or even to look at the dashboard and pick a day when it is happily green,
then do a CVS checkout:

% cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight login
Password: (empty password)
% cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight co -D 18-Jul-2004 Insight
% cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at www.itk.org:/cvsroot/Insight co -D 18-Jul-2004 InsightApplications

Always make sure you have matching versions of the Insight core library and
InsightApplications (whether it be matching downloads, or matching dates
from CVS).

Either way, it is also preferrable to do an out-of-source build, in other
words don't build in the source tree but make another directory
(ie. ~/itk2/Build) and run:

% cd ~/itk/Build
% ccmake ~/itk/InsightToolkit-1.6.0
  [configure as required]
% make
  [drink caffeinated beverage]
% make install

Let us know if you are still having problems...

Regards,

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne