[Insight-users] Nonlinear registration of MRI to CT

Marius Staring marius at isi.uu.nl
Tue Jul 20 11:43:04 EDT 2004

Hi Josh,

ITK is made for just that!

Because you want to register between two different modalities, you need a
similarity measure that is robust for that. That is the most important
thing. I have good experience with the mutual information similarity measure.

I usually use the itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric.

You can use any deformable transform for this task. For example a
BSplineDeformableTransform can do the job.

I suggest you also use a multiresolution framework. You can study one of
the examples in The Guide.

Regards,

Marius