[Insight-users] GLSliceView

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jul 15 23:40:00 EDT 2004

Hello Zein,

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 03:10:37PM +0200, salah wrote:

> I used a slice viewer which is actually an extention of the GlSliceView
> class (from which it inherits its main functionality). Newly, I get a
> strange behavior with this viewer.
>
> Normally, the viewer displays the image details at the lower-left corner
> as well as the location and value of the clicked voxel location
> (lower-right). These details do NOT appear SOMETIMES. The viewer behaves
> otherwise ordinarily. When this problem occurs, then all instances of the
> viewer in my application will behave similarly (i.e, either all display
> the details or all do not).
>
> Could anybody guess what the problem is?

My guess is you seem to have triggered a condition under which
GLSliceView::draw() doesn't get called.  But - how...?

It would be quicker if you gave us some more information! :) Are you able to
consistently reproduce this behaviour?

- What sequence of actions leads to this happening?  (eg. resize window,
  update image contents, click in window, etc)

- Is it only the overlay text that disappears (and not the image itself)?

- Can you reproduce this with (for example) ImageViewer from
  InsightApplications?

- Are all the GLSliceView widgets in the same parent window or different
  toplevel windows?

- What exactly does the display look like when this occurs? (eg. all black,
  part of old display remains)

Also it would greatly help to know the following:

- Platform

- version of Fltk

- Graphics card and driver version

Regards,

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne