[Insight-users] rat brain atlas based VOIs

Stephen R. Aylward aylward at unc.edu
Thu Jul 15 14:25:07 EDT 2004

Another option - use the landmarkinitializedmutualinformationapplication
to register the MR and the histological images.   This was what we did
for the image shown in this link:

http://caddlab.rad.unc.edu/projects/RodentAtlas/Rat-MR-Atlas-small.gif

The problem is that there is currently a bug in the program when doing
affine registration - I should have a fix checked-in in a few days.

Note that using the advanced options, you can specify a region of
interest for the registration - that way the inter-rodent registration
can focus on the brain and ignore the other differences.   We've had
quite good luck with it.

Stephen