[Insight-users] itk image writer

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Jul 12 10:09:15 EDT 2004

Hi Zein,

ITK itself will not create directories for you.

When you specify directories for the ImageFileWriter or
the ImageFileReader, those directories must already exist.

There is however an auxiliary library distributed with ITK
that provides functionalities for creating directories,
deleting files and many other system-level tasks.

A Directory can be created with the
following command:

   itksys::SystemTools::MakeDirectory( "myDirectory" );

For other functionalities please refer to

       Insight/Utilities/kwsys/SystemTools.hxx

Note that because this utilities are system commands, you
must be *very careful* with their usage.  You probably don't
want to delete you image database by accident    :-)