[Insight-users] DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Jul 10 23:19:45 EDT 2004

Hi Zein,

Yes, if you give a binary image to the
DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter it will
computes the distances to the "ones".

You could use an image Adaptor in order
to do the negative of the image. In that
way you don't have to pay for the memory
of making an extra copy of the image.

Another option is that the filter could be
modified for allowing you to select whether
you want the distances to the "ones" or the
distances to the zeros.

If you feel adventurous, you could modify
this code

   Insight/Code/BasicFilters/
      itkDanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter.txx

in lines 173-186 and 228-239. Those are the
places where the intensities of the input
image are taken into consideration.