[Insight-users] Joint histogram help required

Vaijanath Narasinga Rao vaiju at cse.iitb.ac.in
Thu Jul 8 09:00:49 EDT 2004

Hi to all,

I have just written a routine to automatically register 2 2-D images
using MI and joint hiostogram. This is working fine. Can anyone guide me
to extend this for 3D volumetric images. Also is this a fesiable option
for 3D images.

Mutual Information is calculated using joint histogram calculation
between two images. For each angle of rotation I am calculating all the
translation parameters and they are checked.

Would this apporach be ok of 3D volumetric images or this would fail /
time consuming.

plz. do help me.

Regards
Vaijanath