[Insight-users] I made volview plug-in. But, how to apply ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 7 10:00:14 EDT 2004

Hi Bosun,

You just need to copy the DLL into the /Plugins
subdirectory where you installed VolView.

This is typically:

   C:/Program Files/VolView20/Plugins

When you start VolView, it will read the list
of plugins in that directory. The plugin will
then appear in the menu:

             View / Filters

If you don't see your plugin the the option menu
please check the following:

1) The name of the "Init" function *MUST* match
   the name of the DLL file. In your case, you
   should actually rename it since there is already
   another existing plugin with the same name.

   Try something like:

         vvITKImageRegistrationBosun.dll

   and name the Init function accordingly as:

       vvITKImageRegistrationBosunInit()

   Also make sure that the "NAME" you give to the
   plugin is unique.  This is string that you put in

        VVP_NAME, "Image Registration (Bosun)"

   This string will be used to identify your plugin
   inside the VolView GUI menu.

2) If you built ITK with shared libraries you *must*
   also copy the ITKCommon.dll into the VolView/Plugins
   subdirectory because your registration plugin will
   depend on this shared library.