[Insight-users] Re: Question

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jul 2 09:42:04 EDT 2004

Hi Al,

If your project can not find the ITK headers, that indicates that your
CMakeLists.txt file is not looking for ITK in the correct way.

Please read the GettingStarted-I Tutorial, where you will find step
by step instructions on how to configure the CMakeLists.txt file for
a project that uses ITK.

You will find all the tutorials at:

       http://www.itk.org/HTML/Tutorials.htm

and the GettingStarted-I session at:

http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStartedI-WebPage/img0.html

You will find a minimal example of how to use ITK from an external
project in the directory:

       Insight/Examples/Installation/

The CMakeLists.txt file looks like

PROJECT(HelloWorld)

# Find ITK.
FIND_PACKAGE(ITK)
IF(ITK_FOUND)
   INCLUDE(${ITK_USE_FILE})
ELSE(ITK_FOUND)
   MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR "Cannot build without ITK.  Please set ITK_DIR.")
ENDIF(ITK_FOUND)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(HelloWorld HelloWorld.cxx )

TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(HelloWorld ITKCommon)

---------

you will find similar instructions on the Installation
Chapter of the SoftwareGuide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf