[Insight-users] Searching for Optimal Path in 3D vector field Image?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 1 16:15:36 EDT 2004

Hi Patrick,

You can do this very easily with ParaView.

This free & open source application based
on VTK can be downloaded from

       http://www.paraview.org

You will find menu options for generating
streamlines in a vector field.

Paraview can directly read images in the
MetaImage format.

For examples of streamlines generated with
ParaView you can look at the screenshots.

http://www.paraview.org/Art/BigShot7.jpg
http://www.paraview.org/Art/BigShot9.jpg