[Insight-users] about the number of the controlling points of cubic Bspline

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jul 1 16:10:47 EDT 2004

Hi Yixun,

You are right, the evaluation of a point in a
CubicBSpline requires to use 4^N control points.
Where N is the dimension of space.

That 27 indicated in this document seems to be an
error that slipped through. Thanks for pointing this
out.

BTW, you will find an example on the use of BSplines
for deformable registration in

  Insight/Examples/Registration/
            DeformableRegistration4.cxx