[Insight-users] Narrowband in Reinitiallizelevelset filter

S, Suja (Research) Suja.S at geind.ge.com
Thu Jul 1 01:32:14 EDT 2004

Hi,

I will very much appreciate if you could answer the following question.

 I am using Geodesic Active contour to correct the manual segmented boundary of hippocampus in MR images.
But it it enlarges the structure too much by taking even the CSF pixels. So I tried reducing the narrowbanding to 2,
which still took in a lot of wrong pixels. When I checked the code I saw stopping value as OutputNarrowBandWidth/2 + 2.
What does this mean? Also what are InputNarrowBand and OutputNarrowBand?

If I want the levelset to search only 2 pixels on both sides of input image, what should I do?

Thanks,
Suja.