[Insight-users] Cost function value over a region

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Dec 22 22:30:47 EST 2004

Hi Martin,

Thanks for letting us know that you were using the
NormalizedMutualInformation class

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1NormalizedMutualInformationHistogramImageToImageMetric.html

Unfortunately this Metric is not taking the ImageMask
into account yet, and it is not counting the number
of pixels used either.

However, this can be added to the metric in its superclass
the HistogramImageToImageMetric class

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1HistogramImageToImageMetric.html

Please log a bug entry for this issue in the bugtracker

      http://www.itk.org/Bug/

and classify it as a "Feature Request".

Let us know if you encounter any difficulty creating your
account on the bug tracking.

In the meantime, you may want to give it a try to the other
two implementations of Mutual Information. In particular to
Mattes which is known to be easier to optimize.