[Insight-users] about multi-modality 3D registration

Yixun Liu yxliu at fudan.edu.cn
Tue Dec 21 01:12:27 EST 2004

Hi,

Thank you!
If I have a 3D Brain MRI and a Virtual Human 3D Brain dataset and the MRI comes from a patient, who is different from the virtual human. How to register them?  I think I should first rigidly register and then non-rigidly rigister.In my opinion, the VersorRigid3D may be failed because it cannot scale and the two brains are different in size. I want to use a  transform, which can translate, rotate, scale at the same time. Should I use the Affine firstly and then BSpline?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Yixun Liu