[Insight-users] Borland C++ 5.6 (BCB 6)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Dec 20 17:33:24 EST 2004

Hi Anders,

There have been several users who attempted to adapt ITK for
the Borland 6 compiler. They have reported their results to
the list and can probably be summarized as

     1) A lot of changes are required.
     2) Some of the subdirectories cannot be converted.
     3) They decided to move to another compiler.

You may want to search the archives of the list in order
to find about the details of their reports. The fundamental
problem is that the Borland 6 compiler offers poor support
for generic programming.

We already sacrified the use of 'enums' for representing
integeres just because Borland 5.5 was not managing them
correctly.

At this point it seems unlikely that Borland 6 will make it
to the list of supported compilers. You may want to consider
using any of the many compilers supported by ITK.

Please let us know if you have further questions,

    Thaks

      Luis