[Insight-users] ImportImageFilter->ItkImage ...

Mr Gaffe lagaffe74130 at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 20 12:05:57 EST 2004

hello,

I try to build an itkImage with a function wich use an importImageFilter; I can display my image inside my function (so the importation pipeline is ok), but when I try to do the same thing in my program using the return itkImage pointer it doesn't work !

basically this is my code;
function:

ImageType* myFunction(...)
... build the image and Import it with itkImportImageFilter
... I did an Update
I can display my Image using std::cout << ImportFilter->GetOuput() <<std::endl , So the importation is OK.

finally,I return the pointer:
return ImportFilter->GetOuput()

In my program:
  typedef int PixelType;
  const int Dimension=2, Lx=7, Ly=5;
  typedef itk::Image < PixelType, Dimension > ImageType;
 ImageType* inputImage=myFunction(...);

When I try to display std:cout<<inputImage << std::endl; I have a pointer value and not all the usual image information .... and if I try to use inputImage to do something it crash !

I think, I am not using the good return type or something like that?

thanks for help
lagaffe