[Insight-users] ITK/Python Compile error

Derek W. Cool coold at email.unc.edu
Tue Dec 7 14:11:46 EST 2004

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to compile today's CVS version of ITK with python
wrapping on WinXP using VC6.0 and am getting the following error near
the end of the build:

Warning itk::VoronoiSegmentationImageFilter<itk::Image<unsigned char,
2>,itk::Image<unsigned char, 2>,itk::Image<unsigned char, 2> >
has a class hierarchy that has wrapping gaps.
The class hierarchy wrapping is as follows:
Not wrapped:
itk::VoronoiSegmentationImageFilterBase<(itk::Image<(unsigned
char,2)>,itk::Image<(unsigned char,2)>,itk::Image<(unsigned char,2)>)>
    Wrapped: itk::ImageToImageFilter<(itk::Image<(unsigned
char,2)>,itk::Image<(unsigned char,2)>)>
    Wrapped: itk::ImageSource<(itk::Image<(unsigned char,2)>)>
    Wrapped: itk::ProcessObject
    Wrapped: itk::Object
    Wrapped: itk::LightObject
Error executing c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe.

On the dashboard the "zion.kitware, Linux-g++-3.3-Python", I see the
warning and everything up to the error value, but I don't see the
warnings shown on the "terminus.kitware Windows-devenv-Python".  Has
anyone run into this problem OR successfully build python wrapping using
VC6.0 on WinXP?

Any help is appreciated.

Derek