[Insight-users] How can i use SetNumberOfIterations in DemonsRegistrationFilter ??

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 10:54:40 EST 2004

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 10:27:36 -0500, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi Marcelo,
>
> This probably means that the superclass
>
>      itkFiniteDifferenceImageFilter
>
> is not being wrapped, and therefore its methods
> are not available for the derived classes.

itkFiniteDifferenceImageFilter IS actually wrapped.  The fact that
SetNumberOfIterations() is not accessible is due to a different
problem in the Wrapping system.  Wrapped methods "disappear" if child
classes have a different template signature.  I've filed a bug report
on this (with id 1398), please see:
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1398

In Marcelo's case:
itkFiniteDifferenceImageFilter has template signature <TInputImage,
TOutputImage> whereas itkPDEDeformableRegistrationFilter (child of
FiniteDifference and parent of Demons, he he) has template signature <
TFixedImage, TMovingImage, TDeformationField>.  The method is present
in the wrapped FiniteDifference, but has already disappeared from
PDEDeformableRegistrationFilter.

I believe that Brad is The Only One that can fix this one.

Best regards,
Charl