[Insight-users] Problem with MultiResMIRegistration

soumend at magnum.barc.ernet.in soumend at magnum.barc.ernet.in
Tue Dec 7 03:00:50 EST 2004

HI!!!

I am facing one peculiar problem in doing MI registration. My code registeres
one CT dataset(3D) with a PET dataset(3D). My problem is the registration
problem do get completed in WINXP(pro) but in other windows platform like
win2k,win98 it is giving exception originating from the fact that most of the
point are mapped outside. I tried the same code in RH-LINUX 7.3 and 9 and got
the same exeception. Why this is happenning.......I couldnt find out..plz help
me out.

I have another query. The result i am getting with CT-PET in WINXP is not
satisfactory. The images are visibly shifted from one another. I have used
following parameters.........
no. of bins - 200, no. of samples - 10000 and
Optimizer scales [1,1,1,1,1/750,1/750,1/750,1/750] as fixed image dimension is
512X512.
Optimizer max and min step lengths are 0.1,0.001 resp.

I have tried with diffrent value of these parameters but finally settled in this
set of value. If I want to improve upon more how should I proceed. In this
regard I one to ask one thing is it feasible to generialize the registration
process such that user dont have to interact and set parameters for every pair
of image instead the s/w will take care of that.

Lastly I need a suggesion ....If I want to develop a new algo for registration
how sholud I proceed...as I have started reading Information theory and
satistics a bit and the original paper of Violla. What I mean to ask that what
are the features people look for a good ,fast and robust registration process.
Probably I have not been able to frame the question but that exactly why I am
asking the question.

Thanks for ur patient reading.....hope u will help me out.

Thanx and regards.

Soumen Dey