[Insight-users] itk::PDEDeformableRegistrationFilter InvertOutput() switch?

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 18:41:10 EST 2004

Dear ITK-ers,

As far as I can figure out, PDEDeformableRegistrationFilter
descendants (e.g. DemonsRegistrationFilter) return deformation fields
that are directed opposite to the optical flow from moving image to
fixed image.  In other words, the deformation field is used in the
WarpImage class to calculate for every output position what the
corresponding input position is.  (Please correct me on this if I have
missed something somewhere...)

In some cases, one would prefer having the optical flow direction,
when for instance using the derived deformation field to visualise
advection.  Would it be possible to have a switch to reverse the sense
of the output deformation field to be in line with the optical flow
expectation?  (this would simply mean outputting flipped vectors)

Thanks for any ideas on this,
Charl