[Insight-users] 答复:About the metric value

Carrie carrie_shi at sjtu.edu.cn
Thu Dec 2 08:17:33 EST 2004

Dear All,
	I want to use metric value to stop my registration process. But
I do not know clearly meanings of metric value in ITK. In my test, I
found the metric value changed widely with different images. So I want
to ask:
1. how to select a given metric value to stop the regitration process?
2. Does the bigger metric value mean the better result?
3. What's the meanings of metric value?

PS: part codes as follewed:
  registration = itk.itkImageRegistrationMethodF3F3_New()
  imageMetric  =itk.itkMutualInformationImageToImageMetricF3F3_New()
    transform  =	itk.itkQuaternionRigidTransform_New()
    optimizer
=itk.itkQuaternionRigidTransformGradientDescentOptimizer_New()
    interpolator = itk.itkLinearInterpolateImageFunctionF3D_New()

Regards,
All