[Insight-users] Atlas 3D rendering and Registration

DD Chen cdgfun at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 12:08:51 EST 2004

Hi ITK Users and Louis

Right now I am working on 3D Atlas and Patient data registration. I am
using Landmarks based registraion algorithm. But I met some
difficulties in 3D atlas volume generation.

1. Altas slides are not evenly distributed
For example slice locations of 27 slides of TT88 axial view are:

Z = [65 60 55 50 45 40 35 32 28 24 20 16 12 8 4 1 -1 -4 -8 -12 -16 -20
-24 -28 -32 -36 -40] (mm)

2.  The images contains much less information compared with Acutal
patient data. So it seems very hard to interploate between the slides.
 (FYI, I can send you several slides)

my questions are:
    1. How to resolve this unevenly distributed problems and write
those slides into one volume?
    2. If we interpolate the data,  what kind of interpolate
algorithms we can use?
    2. Anybody have any experience use cerefy brain atlas data set? it
do have TT88 3D data. But it seems basically for visualization. Can we
use it for registration?
    3. I know many people already done a lot of work on atlas-patient
registration. So what kind of registration algorithm you recommend
using cerefy atlas in 3D domain?

I have some experiences on image registration but I am new to atlas
field, especially cerefy atlas. I appreciate very much if you can help
me out:-)

Thanks again for your consideration and time.

Best regards
Dingguo