[Insight-users] New releases of ITK

Julien Jomier jjomier at cs.unc.edu
Mon Aug 30 12:06:07 EDT 2004

Hi Uday,

If you are afraid that your application will not work with the new release,
the best way is to give it a try.
You can keep the old release just in case, download and compile the new
release in another directory and point to the new release when running CMake
on your application (if you are using CMake). Do a fresh build of your
application and cross your fingers.

We cannot guarantee that your old application will compile and run correctly
the first time you upgrade to a new release but we'll be happy to help you
in the process. We are trying to keep backward compatibility as much as we
can but sometimes we just cannot.

You can take a look at the new features in 1.8:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_1_8

Let us know if you have any issues with the new release,

Julien