[Insight-users] Literature about Laplacian Level Set Segmentation?

Joshua Cates cates at sci.utah.edu
Fri Aug 27 12:52:31 EDT 2004

Hi Jane,

I'm not aware of any particular papers that describe this approach--though
there may be some.  The best reference for the ITK implementation is in
the ITK software guide.  Note that this ITK filter is not particularly
useful by itself, but is best combined with other methods.  See for
example some of the segmentation tutorials on the ITK website and the
Canny edge detection based level set filter.  Make sure to read the
introductory material on the ITK level-set segmentation framework to get
an idea of how these filters are constructed.

hope this helps,

Josh.

 Josh Cates
 Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute
 University of Utah
 http://www.sci.utah.edu/~cates