[Insight-users] Problem of Cmake &install ITK

yingli fan yf34 at drexel.edu
Wed Aug 25 14:31:38 EDT 2004

Hi Luis,

You are right, when I download and install the cmake 2.03, it is not what I
used before, the Cmake 1.80 have a gui ,even for my Mac, so I copy the Cmake
1.80 that  I have in other computer.
That cause the problem.

I type which cmake  and cmake ‹version . The result is tcsh :cmake: command
not found.

Here is the CheckIncludefile.cmake

CheckIncludeFile.cmake 80%#
# Check if the include file exists.
#
# CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE - macro which checks the include file exists.
# INCLUDE - name of include file
# VARIABLE - variable to return result
#

MACRO(CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE INCLUDE VARIABLE)
  IF("${VARIABLE}" MATCHES "^${VARIABLE}$")
    SET(MACRO_CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_FLAGS ${CMAKE_REQUIRED_FLAGS})
    SET(CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_VAR ${INCLUDE})
    CONFIGURE_FILE(${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/CheckIncludeFile.c.in
      ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/CMakeTmp/CheckIncludeFile.c IMMEDIATE)
    MESSAGE(STATUS "Looking for ${INCLUDE}")
    IF(${ARGC} EQUAL 3)
      SET(CMAKE_C_FLAGS_SAVE ${CMAKE_C_FLAGS})
      SET(CMAKE_C_FLAGS "${CMAKE_C_FLAGS} ${ARGV2}")
    ENDIF(${ARGC} EQUAL 3)

    TRY_COMPILE(${VARIABLE}
      ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}
      ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/CMakeTmp/CheckIncludeFile.c
      CMAKE_FLAGS
      -DCOMPILE_DEFINITIONS:STRING=${MACRO_CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE_FLAGS}
      OUTPUT_VARIABLE OUTPUT)

    IF(${ARGC} EQUAL 3)
      SET(CMAKE_C_FLAGS ${CMAKE_C_FLAGS_SAVE})
    ENDIF(${ARGC} EQUAL 3)

    IF(${VARIABLE})
      MESSAGE(STATUS "Looking for ${INCLUDE} - found")
      SET(${VARIABLE} 1 CACHE INTERNAL "Have include ${INCLUDE}")
      FILE(APPEND ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/CMakeOutput.log
        "Determining if the include file ${INCLUDE} "
        "exists passed with the following output:\n"
        "${OUTPUT}\n\n")
    ELSE(${VARIABLE})
      MESSAGE(STATUS "Looking for ${INCLUDE} - not found.")
      SET(${VARIABLE} "" CACHE INTERNAL "Have include ${INCLUDE}")
      FILE(APPEND ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/CMakeError.log
        "Determining if the include file ${INCLUDE} "
        "exists failed with the following output:\n"
        "${OUTPUT}\n\n")
    ENDIF(${VARIABLE})
  ENDIF("${VARIABLE}" MATCHES "^${VARIABLE}$")
ENDMACRO(CHECK_INCLUDE_FILE)
~

Thank a lot!

How I can uninstall the Cmake 2.0 ?

yingli

On 8/19/04 20:07, "Luis Ibanez" <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Yingli,
>
> It seems that your installation of CMake is getting a mix
> of files between versions 1.8 and 2.0.
>

> The file that is reporting the error:
>
>    usr/local.share/Cmake/Modules/CheckIncludeFile.cmake:16
>
> Should actually have "ARGC" instead of just "ARG".
>

> It seems that you tried to install CMake 1.8 on top of
> CMake 2.0 and now you have an mix of both.
>

> Could you please do the following:
>
> 1)    type the command:
>
>                 which cmake
>
>        and post to the list the result that you get
>

> 2)    then type the command:
>
>                 cmake --version
>
>        and post to the list the output that you get.
>

> 3)   Then, send us your file
>
>       usr/local.share/Cmake/Modules/CheckIncludeFile.cmake
>

> Thanks
>

>     Luis
>

> -------------------------
> yingli fan wrote:
>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I try to install the ITK.  When I use Cmake to generate the make file of
>> > ITK.
>> >
>> > Here is an error
>> > Cmake Error :Error in cmakecode at
>> > usr/local.share/Cmake/Modules/CheckIncludeFile.cmake:16:IF An IF command
>> > had incorrect arguments: $ { ARG} EQUAl 3
>> >
>> > Here is what I did:
>> > 1 download the ITK release 1.6.0(because the machine is panther version
>> > of Mac, I succeed installing ITK before with this release).
>> > 2 generate a new binary folder
>> > 3 download the Cmake : here I download release 2.0.3. (Actually with my
>> > successful experience, last time I use Cmake release 1.8.0. ) After I
>> > install the cmake 2.03 , I cant install the cmake 1.8.0,  who can help
>> > me to uninstall the Cmake 2.0.3.
>> >
>> > Thank you for help!
>> >
>> > Yingli fan

Yingli Fan
Laboratory for Bioimaging and Anatomical Informatics
Department of Neurobiology & Anatomy
Drexel University, College of Medicine
2900 Queen Lane PA 19129
Tel: 215-9918455 Fax: 215-843-9367