[Insight-users] gantry tilt compensation

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Aug 22 23:40:34 EDT 2004

Hi Zsolt,

The gantry tilt will be equivalent to a Shearing
in the Affine Transform.  A typical shearing effect
in a 2D transform will generate a matrix of the form

     1  A
     0  1

or

     1   0
     B   1

Where "A", and "B" will be shearing factors and can
be positive or negative.

The AffineTransform in ITK
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1AffineTransform.html
doesn't have an explicit method for setting shearing factors.
You can however setup your matrix and then pass it to the
transform with the SetMatrix() method.

Once you configure your Affine transform, you may want to
use the ResampleImageFilter
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ResampleImageFilter.html
in order to resample your image into a rectilinear grid.

You are strongly encouraged to read the chapter on image
resampling from the ITK SoftwareGuide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf