[Insight-users] Topology preserving level sets

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Aug 18 12:07:22 EDT 2004

konukoge at boun.edu.tr wrote:

> I read some time ago that someone in this group was doing something about
> topology preserving levelsets. Has anybody done somethings about it?

I've implemented it for 3D only and for the 26-6 connectivity pair only
  as a child class of the itkGeodesicActiveContourFilter.  The code is
decidedly unclean, but has potential.  It *seems* to work.

At the moment, I have less than 0 time to work on this.  When this
situation changes, I plan to clean up the code and contribute the class.
If you want to play around with the code as it is now, I can send it to
you.  Fixes and contributions are obviously greatly appreciated.