[Insight-users] Exception caught when using DeformableRegistration4

Vincent Chu vwchu at cs.sfu.ca
Mon Aug 9 18:43:29 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am using the example code DeformableRegistration4 to attempt to register
two 3D images.  The only line I have changed in the code is:
const    unsigned int    ImageDimension = 2;
into
const    unsigned int    ImageDimension = 3;

However, I get the following exception:

IFLAG= -1. LINE SEARCH FAILED. SEE DOCUMENTATION OF ROUTINE MCSRCH ERROR
RETURN OF LINE SEARCH: INFO=4 POSSIBLE CAUSES: FUNCTION OR GRADIENT ARE
INCORRECT OR INCORRECT TOLERANCESvnl_lbfgs: ** EEEK **
ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (00FFF7A0)
Location: "Unknown"
File:
c:\insighttoolkit-1.6.0\code\common\itkBSplineDeformableTransform.txx
Line: 232
between parameters size and region size

Do the two images have to have the same size?

Any help would be great.  Thanks,

Vincent.