[Insight-users] Dicom Series Reader Image spacing information

raghu venkatram raghu_420 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 14:44:57 EDT 2004

Hi Luis,

I am using the dicomseriesreader to read in 2 volumes MR and CT and perform
registration.
I can read them in fine,

I am not sure if this was a bug and has been fixed.

for both MR and CT it reads in the inplane pixel spacing right
but for the through plane, it reads in 1mm instead of 2mm as in the dicom
header

I did open up the dicom headers and checked the slice thickness tag which is
2mm for both MR and CT.

Also MRICro when it converts the volumes from dicom to analyze preserves the
right pixel spacing information in the analyze headers

Thanks in advance
Raghu