[Insight-users] Registration Algo

V Narasinga Rao vaiju at cse.iitb.ac.in
Wed Aug 4 12:37:51 EDT 2004

Respected Luis,

You have been an great help to me from the time I have joined ITK mailing
list. First of all sorry for a delayed mail, as i was not well for a long
time.

Now abt. the registration algorithm, that I have written. I wanted to get
elastic 3D registration, so I Thought of an algorithm where i will use
curve fitting or deformable registration on the slices and affine
transform as a whole on the volume to get the desired results.

So far i have registered successfully CT - PET modality ( I have little
knowledge of the instruments). I first loaded the all the slices, to
generate the volume. Then sort of normalized teh volumes to have same
origin. After that i registered every slices individually. The slices were
registered with local transformations, while keeping in mind the global
scope. Once i was able to successfully then I did global transformation to
get the entire volume.

So far I am able to register in around 2 mins. two slices CT - PET, of
which CT is 512 X 512 which PET is 128 X 128.

Now as for Validation, Well i am not sure the nature of application, but i
guess i will be doing registration of uni ani multi-modal.

Please let me know weather the method that i have implemented is correct,
Or you would like to see the output and then decide.

I will mail you the results with timming if you require so.

But before finishing off, I would like to thankyou for all the trouble
that you have taken in replying me back, also i owe you a lot for whatever
i have implemented for the registration code.

I joined ITK w/o any knowledge of Imaging, now I can atleast defend the
algorithms that i have written. You have done a lot for me, and i would
like to help you out in anywork that you want.

Once again Thanks for the help that you all people have shown to me.

Regards
Vaijanath.