[Insight-users] Versor Optimizer

ravi sharma rsiitd at yahoo . com
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:42:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

 I am trying 3D Rigid Body Registration using Versor
Rigid3DTransform and VersorOptimizer.As a first step I
have taken the source and target image to be the same
image.I am using MattesMutualInformation Metric.The
problem is that I try with initial parameters of
VersorTransform as 0.01 i +0.01 j+0.01 k so that
rotaion angle is almost zero(translation parameters
are all 0.0).I get the following exception:

ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ExceptionObject (0x21f988)
Location: "Unknown"
File:
/opt/tools/itk/Insight_Nightly/Insight_1_2/Insight/Code/Algorithms/itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric.txx
Line: 546
MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric(0x21c6f0):
Too many samples map outside moving image buffer: 6602
/ 75000
  I think the problem could be that my initial
parameters lead the image to map out of each other or
the step sizes of the optimizer are too large.

 What could be safe minimum and maximum step sizes???

Kind Regards,
Ravi Sharma.