[Insight-users] Possible multiprocessing bug.

Bjorn Hanch Sollie bhs at pvv . org
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:09:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I've discovered what appears to be a bug in the
itkGradientMagnitudeImageFilter.  When I do SetNumberOfThreads(n), the
filter spawns _SC_NPROC_ONLN threads regardless of what n is set to.
(Doing the same with itkMedianImageFilter, for example, appears to be
working correctly.)  Could this be related to the fact that
itkGradientMagnitudeImageFilter does not implement its own
ThreadGenerateData()?  I'm using Sproc on an SGI Origin 2000 with 8 CPUs
running IRIX 6.5.20f, MIPSPro 7.4.  Any help or suggestions will be
greatly appreciated!

-Beorn
--
Truth is often just a widely held opinion.