[Insight-users] itkAnalyzeImageIO bugs/problems

Blezek, Daniel J (Research) blezek at crd . ge . com
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:32:20 -0400

Hi all,

  Though it took me a few days, I finally tracked down a bug in the
itkAnalyzeImageIO class.  It seems that the MetaDictionary was getting
clobbered somewhere in my pipeline and the AnalyzeImageIO class was blindly
pulling out the orientation field.  If the field does not exist, the
ExposeMetaData call returns false.  Since the return value was not checked,
garbage was returned.  I added a check to the code to fix the bug.

  But this brings up an issue: where in the pipeline is the MetaDictionary
getting lost?  I have not started looking, and am hoping some smart ITK
coder can help out, or tell me where to look.

Thanks!
-dan