[Insight-users] read and writing images - basic example

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:44:16 -0400

Hi Tejas,

ITK ImageIO objects recognize formats
by the extension of the filename.

Your DICOM file must have extension ".dcm"
in order to be recognized by the ITK DICOM
reader.

Note that, in addition to the filename extension,
some further checking is done by the readers in
order to verify that the file complies with the
expected format.