[Insight-users] ITK 1.4 Release Schedule

Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:12:14 -0400

In a recent developers meeting we agreed on the
following schedule for the release 1.4 of ITK.

CVS Code Freeze in Insight:                August     1
CVS Code Freeze in InsightApplications:    August    15
CVS Tag 1.4 in Insight:                    September 15

The code freezing indicates that no new classes,
nor new functionalities will be added after these
dates.

The period between August 1 and September 1 will
be entirely dedicated to

1) Driving compiler errors to zero
2) Driving compiler warnings to zero
3) Solve any failing test
4) Increase code coverage to 70%

The period between Sept 1 and Sept 15 will
be mostly dedicated to packaging the release.

We appreciate your reports on problems found
in the release 1.2. At this point however, most
of the ITK resources are dedicated to solve
remanent issues in the current CVS version.

If you find any problems with the 1.2 release,
you may want to verify if they have been fixed
in the current CVS version. If they have not,
please let us know, so the issues can be solved
in the period between August 1st and September 1.

If you have been using the release 1.2, and feel
adventurous today, this may be a good time for
giving a try to the CVS version. Since any problems
you may find will have to be solved before Sept 1,
otherwise they will be around until the next release.

No matter how adventurous you feel, please check
the green level in the Dashboard before downloading
the CVS version.