[Insight-users] about mean and variance for SimpleFuzzyConnectednessRGBImageFilter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 16:23:12 -0500

Hi Songtao,

You can use the VectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilter
http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1VectorConfidenceConnectedImageFilter . html

to find an initial segmentation of the object and use
this region for estimating the mean and covariance of
the pixels you want to segment with FuzzyConnectedness.

Since the VectorConfidenceConnected filter will give
you only an initial population for the segmentation,
you can use a small multiplier. Just enough for getting
a reasonable estimation of mean and covariance.

You may want to look at the file:

  Insight/Examples/Segmentation/
               VectorConfidenceConnected.cxx

for an example on how to do this.