[Insight-users] Parameters for FEM deformable registration

Corinne Mattmann mattmaco at ee . ethz . ch
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:33:31 -0700

Hi,

I want to deformably register two 3D-images with the
FEM-RegistrationFilter. At the moment I use two images (char-data) with
almost the same object (aluminium-foam scaned with a micro-CT, so it
contains just "material" and background). The only difference is that
one of them is just a little bit smaller than the other one.
I principially use the same code as in "DeformableRegistration1.cxx"; I
just changed everything to 3D. So far it works fine!
Now I would like to find the right parameters working with my pictures
but I have some problems finding them. It always takes on some places
"too much material away" (mostly on the "nodes" where there is more
material) whereas it takes too less on other locations (in between the
"nodes"). By clicking on the following link
http://people . ee . ethz . ch/~mattmaco/example . jpg you can see a printscreen
showing the problem: the original surface is white, the reconstructed
one red (with 0.6 opacity). Everywhere where you can see red, the
reconstructed image is bigger than it should be. On white locations it
is smaller.
Can someone help me finding the right parameters or at least give me
some advice how I can find them?

Thanks,
Corinne