[Insight-users] Re: Problems building ITK with wrapping on XP/OS X

Brad King brad . king at kitware . com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:38:59 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Frank Lindseth wrote:

> I really don't know what I'm doing wrong trying to compile ITK with
> python/tcl wrapping on a Win-XP box using VC.Net 2003 (or VC6.0 SP5) and
> cmake 1.8.2 (se below). The c++ build is fine. Brad, I have tried to
> build CableSwig as well as ITK in both debug and release mode (i.e.
> debug/debug and relese/releae), and the source/build is moved, so that
> long file names shouldn't be a problem. Any suggestions?

What errors do you get in the release/release configuration?

> A binary install of Python do not provide any debug libraries, the
> default build mode of CableSwing/ITK is debug. In my (Windows)-ignorance
> I went for a binary python install and CableSwig/ITK release mode. If
> debug mode was desirable I would have to build python from source and
> generate the python debug libraries. Right??? Please enlighten me...

This is correct.  For a binary install of python, only building
CableSwing/ITK in Release configuration is expected to work.

-Brad