AW: AW: [Insight-users] How to get one 2d image from 3d volume data?

jiang jiang at TI . Uni-Trier . DE
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 17:36:49 +0100

Hi Luis,
Thank you for your kind answer.
At the same time, I find out the problem in my code. I should call
filter->Update(); before I assign DesiredPiece = filter->GetOutput();
Now the program works fine. Your hints teach me how to code with ITK.

Best regards,

Chunyan Jiang

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Luis Ibanez [mailto:luis . ibanez at kitware . com]
Gesendet: Montag, 8. Dezember 2003 17:27
An: jiang
Cc: ITK
Betreff: Re: AW: [Insight-users] How to get one 2d image from 3d volume
data?

Hi Jiang,

Here are four things that may be wrong with your code:

1) You put all the ITK pipeline inside a C function.

    How are you passing the input image ?
    Is this a global pointer  ?
    This is the first suspicious act in the code...

2) If you got an exception, PLEASE post the error
    message that is printed as result of the
    exception. That will help us to figure out
    what may be wrong with your code.

3) You are assigning

   DesiredPiece = filter->GetOutput();

   If you are accessing the image pointer "DesiredPiece"
   before calling

     filter->Update();

   the content of DesiredPiece will not be valid.

4) Please print out the variable "inputRegion" as soon
    as you get it from InputImage->GetLargestPossibleRegion()

    It may be possible that his region is not what you
    expect. (depending on how you acquired InputImage).

    By the same token, please print out the value of
    "desiredRegion" before you pass it to the Extract
    filter.

Please let us know what you find,

http://www . itk . org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ExtractImageFilter . html