[Insight-users] WG: [Cmake] Problem Installing cmake

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:13:57 -0500

Hi Zein,

Once you build CMake in your system, did you installed ?
that is, did you typed:

              make install

?

Please check the path of the "cmake" command that you
are finding. You can do this by typing

                   which cmake

It looks like you have a "cmake" somewhere else in
your disk.

The difference between "ccmake" and "cmake" is that
"ccmake" has a user interface based on the curses
library, this is equivalent to the CMakeSetup program
that you are used to use in MS-Windows. "cmake" is
the actual program that perform the configuration
behind the scenes.

The ccmake command should be located in the binary
directory where you build CMake.  A simple way to
use it is to invoke it with the absolute path.

For a first installation of ITK you certainly want
to use "ccmake".