[Insight-users] Re: question: ITK, VTK, FLTK

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 18:59:15 -0500

Hi Sharad,

A full description of how to configure ITK + FLTk
projects is available in the tutorial sessions:

   http://www . itk . org/HTML/Tutorials . htm

more specifically in:

   http://www . itk . org/CourseWare/Training/GettingStarted-IV . pdf

Normally if in CMake you provide first the path to
FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR as the directory where you installed
FLTK (without the /FL subdirectory), CMake will be able
to figure out the location of the other components,
including FLUID.exe and the four FLTK libraries.

The libraries are created when you build FLTK and are
located in the /lib subdirectory of FLTK.

About the second error that you get,
you have to copy these header files from

       InsightApplications/Auxiliary/vtk

into your project.

More specifically, take the files:

     itkImageToVTKImageFilter.h
     itkImageToVTKImageFilter.txx
     itkVTKImageToImageFilter.h
     itkVTKImageToImageFilter.txx

or add their directory to the list of INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES()
in the CMakeLists.txt file in your project.

These classes are not by default part of the ITK toolkit
since they rely on the simultaneous presence of ITK
and VTK.