[Insight-users] Process Bar problem in ITK program

Yinpeng Jin yj76 at columbia . edu
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:46:02 -0500

Hi, Chunyan:
the implementation of FuzzyConnectedness involves a dynamic programming
scheme, the computation process
depends on image content, the target object and the input parameter
(estimation of statistics).
While the algorithm guaranty to finish eventually. It could happen that a
longer computation is needed if the object is
not very distinct from the background, or the estimation is too far away
from the the truth. especially for large 3D dataset.
unfortunately, given the nature of the implementation, it is not quite
possible to know in advance how long the computation will be before it
finished.
m_Filter->Update(); includes the main routine for computation, i'm not
surprised that most CPU time goes into it.
since the compuation is not a step by step fashion, it might not be wise (if
possible at all) to separate it into steps.
I suggest that you first try it on a rather small dataset and get familar
with the algorithm.

Bests,

Yinpeng